In keeping with Acts 6:1-6 of the Bible, the Deacon Ministry of Calvary Southern Baptist Church is charged with actively caring for the physical needs of the congregation so that the pastor can concentrate on the spiritual needs. They are servant leaders of good faith and character approved by the congregation.
Their duties include but are not limited to:
- Understanding and supporting the pastor’s vision and agenda for the church.
- Actively organizing and managing the Church’s Deacon Family plan.
- Providing a physical presence and security for the congregation while on church property and making sure the church campus is secure.
- Aiding in the oversight and operation of the various ministries of the church.
- Providing leadership and consultation to church ministries and ministry leaders.
- Serving Communion during scheduled services and also providing the Lord’s Supper to homebound or hospitalized members.
- Continuously engaging in prayer, Bible Study, following the guidance of the Holy Spirit and displaying genuine love for all of God’s people.
For more information contact the church office, 702-649-7230 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org