Children’s Sunday School Ministry
The Children’s Sunday School Ministry knows that children are our future, but they are also a part of the church today. They have a vital role in the growth and ministry of Calvary. Every child is loved and valued. Children’s Sunday School primarily uses foundational Bible stories to help children learn not only biblical facts, but also biblical concepts and principles. Their understanding, needs and interests are important and are taken into consideration when determining how to connect them to God’s Word. Calvary’s teachers guide children with a coordinated approach using ten concept areas: God, Jesus, the Bible, Creation, Family, Self, Church, Community & World, Holy Spirit, and Salvation.
Mission Statement: To serve every child as Jesus Christ would have served them, by drawing and building them up in Jesus Christ, and sending them out to serve for Jesus Christ.
The Children's Sunday School Ministry engages in ministry to children by:
- Inspiring a love for God, God’s Word (the Bible) and love for one another.
- Helping them to see the application of the Word in their lives through each lesson taught.
- Instilling the habit of daily reading God’s word, prayer, and regular worship.
- Advocating an understanding of the concept of the Holy Spirit and how He dwells in each of us to guide us throughout our lives.
- Teaching and sharing the Gospel—salvation only through Jesus Christ. (The A-B-C’s of Salvation)
- Helping them to seek the Lord’s purpose for their lives and providing them with the tools and encouragement to live out that purpose.
The Children’s Sunday School Ministry ministers to children in Grades 1-5. Classes are divided and separated by grade—1st-3rd & 4th-5th. There are also Children’s New Member’s classes on Saturdays and Sundays, when needed.
“Jesus said, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.’” Matthew 19:14
For more information regarding Children Sunday School, please contact Cheryl James, Director at: