Women Who Care Flower Ministry
The Women Who Care Flower Ministry is an outreach ministry of the Woman’s Missionary Union founded by the late Sister Billye Williams. Flowers can symbolize caring and understanding for those undergoing difficult moments as well joy and celebration for those who are experiencing happy moments. She believed flowers had a special meaning that spoke of LOVE.
Our philosophy is based on Matthew 25:35-36 (NIV) “For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.”
Matthew 25:40 (NIV) “....Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.”
Equip women to be fully devoted followers of Christ by assisting them in the development of their relationships with Him and each other. By hiding His holy word within our hearts we trust that God will transform ordinary women into extraordinary women.
- To minister to persons confined in a nursing home environment.
- To utilize our spiritual gifts by sharing God’s love.
- To offer hope and encouragement through visitation and “give a gift” of flowers.
- To reach out to the sick and suffering beyond our church family.
- To learn from those who suffer.
CORE VALUES FOR VOLUNTEERS
- Practice flexibility
- Remain faithful
- Exhibit a servant heart
- Share Jesus Christ/take risks or rejections
- Cast a loving Christ-like vision
- Show compassion
- Share a sense of humor
- Listen to hear fears, concerns, joys, and sorrows
- Offer prayer to address the issues and feelings heard or discussed
- Offer a caring act of kindness in the name of Christ (extend a touch, smile, hug, or handshake)
OUTREACH LOCATION, DAY, AND TIMES
The Women Who Care Flower Ministry outreach is located at the:
North Las Vegas Care Center
3215 East Cheyenne Ave.
North Las Vegas, Nevada 89030
Except for major holidays and scheduled fellowships, the ministry meets weekly on Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. depending on the amount of fresh flowers received and the number of volunteers available.
For more information contact the Women Who Care Flower Ministry Directors:
- Rebecca Jenkins, Director
- Buelah Jones, Assistant Director
- Rozetta Love, Secretary